Assist for a weak right arm
I couldn’t be happier with the modification to my new Mark Roberts Easel! Since I had rotator cuff surgery last year, I’ve needed a bit of support for my dominant painting arm, and this sliding mahl stick fits the bill perfectly! I completed six months of physical therapy, and continue to exercise my shoulder(s) regularly, but there is still some weakness when I hold my arm out to paint. When painting outdoors, I use a simple dowel with a screw on the end that I can hook on the top of the panel I’m painting on. Indoors, especially with my new professional easel that actually holds the panels in place, my dowel method just couldn’t be implemented. Thankfully, after I discussed my issue with the maker of my easel- Mark Roberts designed and built this fancy “add on” that arrived in the mail last week. It took my husband ten minutes to affix it to my easel! I highly recommend it! Here's Mark's website: http://RobertsEasels.com
